KS3 Poetry: The Sea
Join experienced English teacher Sarah for this five week course as she shares how you can facilitate your child’s learning through poetry.
We will focus on:
– Sharing poetry from across time and around the globe.
– Exploring how to enjoy sharing poetry aloud.
– Building understanding of poetic devices such as imagery, alliteration and assonance and structural techniques like enjambement and caesura
– Close literary analysis, exploring how poets use language to create mood and atmosphere in their writing, discussing the poet’s possible intended purpose and how that is achieved.
– Discovering how to structure and answer different types of comprehension questions.
– Enjoying writing poetry.
The theme for this course will be The Sea and it is broadly aimed at students who are Key Stage 3 (11-14 years) and pre-GCSE. More able and keen KS2 students may also enjoy and benefit from this, or older students who would like to have a bit of a catch up.
Course members may have different confidence and ability levels so this will be gentle and creative with lots of opportunity for discussion.
What Does The Course Include?
- Membership of a private Facebook group.
- Access to a weekly video exploring different concepts and discussion posts where members can ask any questions around the subject.
- Downloadable worksheets for each week.
- The opportunity to share your kids’ work for assessment and celebration.
On purchasing a place on this course you should see a box with the option to download – please click on this. Information about how to access the course will also be emailed. If you do not receive an email, please email Sarah at email@example.com with a copy of your receipt and I will manually email it to you.